Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Guest Room and Our Affair with World Market

Recently, we discovered an amazing little store here in Myrtle Beach, called World Market. I must admit, we got their ad, and walked in basically expecting a Christmas Tree Shop. What we found pleasantly surprised us. Since our discovery 2 weeks ago, we've been back about 5 times, and I feel like we've purchased something each and every time.

First, it started with these adorable elephant paper lanterns. For those that don't know, I'm a sucker for paper lanterns, as I find them unique adorable.


We've been trying to do something with our guest room for some time now, and these elephant lanterns really hit the spot in terms of the color scheme that we were going for. All was well and good, and we hadn't gotten too carried away, when I found this rug:


I just love it, it's got all of the colors we were hoping to incorporate into the room. For a better shot of the rug, we've taken a close up below: 


Unable to stay away, I was bored at home, and decided that the World Market website was how I'd like to spend my time. That's when I ran across the Studio Day Sofa. With amazing reviews, and a great look, I found that the dimensions fit exactly into our window alcove. We've been looking for something more "chair-like" so that when we don't have guests, our office feels like an office, and when we do have guests, we have something that feels really welcoming.

It was on sale, and ... I had a coupon, so we made our way down to the World Market to check it out. We loved it! We snatched it up right there, and came home and put it together.


Then, we started putting the pieces together, picked up some great gray curtains (for tie in with our rug!) from the JCPenney, on sale for 50% off. Altogether, I'm so happy with the way that it turned out, that I'm considering staying in there myself!


It's a little washed out right now, because of the amount of light that comes in through the window, but I will take some more photos soon, of the area during the nighttime and early am. Here are some zoomed in shots of the area. Oh - and for anyone who's interested, that's our king sized gray blanket that we scored at Target for $22. It was a steal!



We just love how welcoming it all feels. With the pillows removed, and the sides folded down, it's an amazingly comfy little sleeping space, about the size of a twin bed. Oh, and when we stopped into the World Market today, the manager asked us how everything went with the set up. It's those little things that keep us going back. 

Anyone else have any guest room re-do's, or a slightly obsessive obsession with a store we might adore just as much?

No comments:

Post a Comment