Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day Five - The Begining of the End

At approximately 2am this morning, I woke up feeling like something was crawling on me. How many of you have woken up with this awful feeling? The problem is - mine wasn't just a feeling. Unfortunately, this morning, I woke up to an earwig on my arm, and promptly let out a scream that I'm surprised didn't wake the camp. For those of you unfamiliar with what these disgusting atrocities look like, here is a photo for reference:

Earwig
I've been fighting the bug wars for a few days now. Our tent is pretty secure, but sometimes, things get in, just like this earwig, a few days ago, I had a fight with a daddy long legs.

Daddy Long Legs
Honestly, camping for seven days is ambitious at best. Tired of bugs, and fearful of what the next night's weather report of rain might bring, Si and I talk and decide that it might be best to abandon camp and head home. After I calm down from my recent bug encounter, we try to catch some more sleep so that way the drive ahead isn't so hard. We wake up in the morning, and I beg Si to take us to Hyannis for the morning, as it's the one place we haven't really explored, and he agrees.

Our morning is relatively uneventful, we grab breakfast at this cute little place, and then wander the shops, picking up our requisite ornament, postcards, as well as some taffy and a hooded sweatshirt for myself. Then we head out, feeling good about the things we've seen on the trip.

Click Here to Check out the Complete Photo Gallery of Our Cape Cod Adventure

[Silas]
I have combined all pictures into a final slide-show. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment