Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Beginning

So, the first part of our story begins with meeting for drinks one night after work, and then driving around Rochester, stopping at the Harbor Freight to pick up some tools I'd need to fix my car during the weekend, as well as wandering around after hours in an amazing little park right on Calkins road. To this day, it's still our favorite park.

Saturday, we wander around RIT and the UofR, perhaps being the first student-ish people in the new SAU, and wandering around UofR just playing and goofing around.

Sunday, I woke up bright and early to fix my valve cover gasket before my parents came in to town to drop my middle brother off at RIT. Had a bit of trouble/wanted to get Silas to come over, so I gave him a call in the middle of the repair. There I am, covered in oil when Silas pulls up, and I've managed to fix the problem I was having about ten seconds earlier. We finish up the repair and my car "looks" like it's no longer leaking oil - hooray! We head inside for what is to be one of many fantastic breakfasts, and then we head out - me to meet my parents at RIT, and Si to hang out around Rochester.

Soon after getting my brother moved in, we have to go get him the RIT orientation and welcome packets in the Field House. As we're wandering down, we run into Silas on the way, hanging out on the side of the quarter mile. We hang out for a little while, and make plans to see each other again soon.

That night, I receive a call requesting my presence at Wellington, Si's old place, and that's where it begins. There's a pillow fight, a kiss, and the rest, is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment