Monday, December 6, 2010

Hanging Holiday Balls

Since we've put up our Christmas tree, it's time to spruce up the rest of the house. I embarked on creating this amazing hanging holiday ball, to hang over our dining room table.

First, grab a styrofoam ball, some ribbon, and leftover ornaments that you don't use anymore, or purchase shatterproof ornaments from the dollar store (I got mine for $3 a piece at Walmart). I find the smaller ornaments work best for this. 


Start by securing a length of ribbon into the ball. I did this with floral wire, and it stayed pretty well. 


Then, you can start pushing in the ornaments. You can use floral wire to make them more secure, but after doing that for the first few, I went with hot glue instead. You can't see the hot glue at all, and it makes the overall ball extremely sturdy.

If you continue placing the balls, you'll get a beautiful looking ball that looks wonderful above a dining room table. Finished, the ball is about the size of a basketball.


1 comment:

  1. I would like to see it hanging over said dining room table...having difficulty picturing this. :P
    Aunt Nikki

    ReplyDelete